The Money Talk….
Just like in the other foundations, you need to have the financial foundation of a relationship. And don’t be shy about it, but be open and honest with each other. Because you need to understand each other’s financial capabilities and responsibilities. So each of you grew up with different thoughts on finances and are now coming together as one. So it is best to have discuss the financial foundation of a relationship, maybe not in the beginning, but at some point before the relationship gets too far along.
Things to ask them:
- Can they create and live on a budget?
- Do they have a saving plan for retirement?
- Are they debt free or working on it?
- How do they feel about money? (do you control it or does it control you)
- Are they ok with using credit or do you prefer paying cash?
We hope these questions get your brains thinking of other questions to ask. What would YOU want to know about a potential spouse’s financial status? What would you be willing to share about yours?
Learn about the Physical Foundation