I think sometimes we throw words out without really knowing their meaning. This morning I am looking closely at trust.
To Trust: believe in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something
– believe that someone or something is good, honest, effective, safe, will not harm
– to rely upon or put confidence in
So when considering a relationship, we should break it down and not just ask “can I trust him or her”, but
– Can I rely on them?
– Are they truthful with me?
– Have they been/ are they being honest with me?
– Is the situation a safe one, or will it cause me harm in some way?
-Is this person (and am I) strong, healed, and as whole as possible?